- Elected Representatives
- City Council
- City Staff
- City Financials
- City Town Statistics
- Works Information
- Approved action plans
Brief Information about TMC Challakere
Challakere, a taluk headquarters in Chitradurga district is one of the fastest growing towns in the district having trade and commerce as its main activity. The town is well connected by road network with two state highways namely, Chitradurga-Pavagada road and Bangalore-Bellary (S.R.Patna-Bidar) and passing through the town and a broad-gauge railway line, Chitradurga-Rayadurga passing through the town connecting the town to the neighbouring state of Andhra Pradesh . Bellary, Chitradurga and Davanagere are the major nearby cities. The town has no perennial water source and solely depends on ground water and tanks for domestic and agricultural activity.
The economy of the town is centered on Oil Processing Industry and with trade and commerce, indicating that there is scope for participation of labours in industrial sector (oil industry) and Agriculture sector.The Population of the town has increased from 49,067 in 2001 to 55,194 in 2011.
- Urban planning including town planning & Regulation of land-use and construction of buildings
- Planning for economic and social development & Roads and bridges.
- Water supply domestic, Industrial and commercial purposes & Public health, sanitation, conservancy and solid waste management
- Fire services & Urban forestry
- Preventive Health Care & Provision of urban amenities and facilities such as parks, gardens, playgrounds
- Burials and burial grounds, cremations, cremation ghats/grounds and electric crematoria
- Cattle pounds, prevention of cruelty to animals
- Vital statistics including registration of births and deaths & Street Lighting.
- Parking lots, bus stops and public conveniences & Regulation of slaughter houses and tanneries.
- Slum improvement and up gradation & Protection of the environment and promotion of ecological aspects
- Safeguarding the interests of weaker sections of society, including the handicapped and the mentally retarded
- Urban poverty alleviation & Promotion of cultural, education and aesthetic aspects
- Primary Education & Primary Health Care
KMRP Projects Implemented in Municipal Council Challakere
Website : Town Municipal Council Challakere Have the Own Website for the Public to View the All information i.e : Tender , Notification,City Details,City Staff,City Council Body,Procedings, Works Information,etc.
- Birth & Death : TMC Challakere separately Opens the Counetr for Birth & Death Certificate issuing to the Public and computerized 1990 to 1996 & Onwards.Citizen May take the Certificate within 3 days to apply the Application.
- Helpline (PGR) : Citizens May Register Complaints through the Helpline relating to the wards / area. Helpline System Register the Compaints and Assign the Complaints to authority to solove. The Helpline Number : 08195-250097
- PTIS : Property Tax Information System which Surveys the All property of the Town to Pay property Tax in Online System.TMC Challakere PTIS is completed the Intigration Process.
- FBAS : Fund Based Accrual accounting System is Accounting system Online Application which Encompasses Daily Transaction the TMC.
- Other Online Applications : CMSMTDP,ASHA KIRANA MAHITHI,SJSRY,SLB,MIB,MIS etc Are the Municipal Online Applications and updated Relevently in time.
Office Address :
Town Municipal Council, Opp B.M.G.H.S School, Chitradurga road ,Challakere-577522. Chitradurga Dist. Ph : 08195-250958, 250959. P.G.R Cell: 08195-250097.
E-mail Id : firstname.lastname@example.org.
This website is Maintained By: Sri Basavaraja.I Chief Officer, TMC Challakere.
Last Updation: 03/09/2013.